Zero Failure OREO Cheesecake
“零失败“ OREO 奶酪蛋糕


I am a born lover for cheese, butter and milk, though I am a typical Chinese from northeastern part of China. That's a place where most of us love dumplings, buns ( 馒头, with no sugar, no butter)  and plain rice, of course. My mom told me she had no breastmilk for me when I was born. I was fed with milk powder as a baby. Maybe that explains?

Anyway, I fell in love with cheesecake at first bite of it, and started baking when I was in U.S several years ago. It's so easy to bake a cheesecake there because you can simply grab a ready-made crust from the supermarket at the cost of less than $2?  I baked almost every week with the same recipe and shared with friends.

Until now, I always keep a few packs of cream cheese in my fridge. Whenever anyone in my family misses cheesecake, I bake one within an hour. We have never been tired of it.


Recently, I shared this recipe with a friend who has almost zero baking experience. She succeeded at the first attempt. So, I call it "Zero Failure" recipe :)



OREO CHEESECAKE

Ingredients

For the crust:
  • 2 packs of OREO cookies, divide(16 for crust, the rest for topping)
  • 50g-80g butter (melted)

  • For Fillings:
  • 500g cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1/2 cup fresh milk
  • 2 tablespoons multi-purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla essence

  • Directions: 
    1. Preheat oven to 160 DegC. Grease a 9 inch pan (both bottom and the side of the pan).
    2. Prepare the crust:
      • Place 16 of the cookies in a resealable plastic bag. Flatten bag to remove excess air, then seal the bag.
      • Finely crush cookies by rolling a rolling pin across the bag. Place in bowl.
      • Add butter, mix well. Press firmly onto bottom of the pan. 
    3. Beat egg and sugar in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
    4. Add cream cheese, vanilla essence, flour and milk. Mix until well blended.
    5. Pour over prepared crust; sprinkle with the remaining chopped cookies.
    6. Use a water bath, bake for 1hr or until center is almost set (the center of the cheesecake should be just slightly moist when it is ready to be removed).
    7. Remove from the oven. Cool on a wire rack. Loosen the cake from the edge of the pan by running the tip of a knife or narrow spatula between the top edge of the cake and the side of the pan. This allows the cake to pull away freely from the pan as it cools.
    8. Refrigerate overnight before serve.


    g+1

    Comments

    Popular posts from this blog

    Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

    Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

    Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken