Air-Fried Panko-Crusted Fish Nuggets with Dill Mayonnaise
空气锅炸香酥面包鱼

Do you love to buy food and groceries in bulks for your family? I do. I loved the Costco experience during the stay in U.S a few years ago. When I heard Fairprice Warehouse Club follows the model of Costco, I was very excited and could not wait to visit it . With the high cost-of-living in Singapore, buying quality goods in bulk definitely helps to reduce cost. Since its opening, I have patronized the warehouse club twice and have spent a few hundred dollars there. 


Breaded fish bites is one of the finger foods I bought from Warehouse Club. It comes in 1.3kg per pack, which is double the amount I bought elsewhere. After air-frying, these fish bites make a healthy and popular snack. While I like the family-size of these fish bites, they are not cheap. It costs me almost $20 a pack. After all, making your own breaded fish bites at home is a far more better way for saving money.  

I whipped up these fish nuggets this morning using the raw Sutchi fish cubes bought from Warehouse Club ($4.3 for 800g).   The method is quick and easy.  Marinate the fish cubes with salt and pepper, then coat with egg batter, followed by Panko breadcrumbs. Air-fry for 10 minutes at 200 degC.  They tasted absolutely delicious.  Dip in dill mayonnaise, it's finger-licking good and healthy!  



PANKO-CRUSTED FISH NUGGETS

Ingredients:
  • 800g skinless fish fillets/chunks ( I used Sutchi fish cubes)
  • Salt and black pepper to taste
egg batter
  • 5 tablespoons flour
  • 1 egg, beaten + 5 tablespoons water (adjust the water amount based on the batter thickness)
breadcrumbs mixture
  • 100g Panko breadcrumbs
  • 1 tablespoon smoked paprika 
  • 1 tablespoon garlic powder
Dill mayonnaise
  • 4 tablespoon mayonnaise
  • 1 teaspoon dried dill
  • lemon juice from half lemon (freshly squeezed)

Directions:
  1. Pat the fish dry with paper towels and cut into equal pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
  2. Put the flour in a large bowl and slowly add the water, whisking briskly as you pour.
  3. Once you have incorporated the water, add the egg and continue whisking until smooth. Do not over work the batter or else it will be too elastic and grainy.
  4. In another bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, paprika and garlic powder together.
  5. Dip the fish cubes into the batter, then coat with the breadcrumb mixture. Slightly press the fish into the crumbs to make sure it is well coated.
  6. Place the breaded fish pieces on a non-stick baking sheet. Spray with cooking spray.

  7. Preheat the airfryer at 200 degC.
  8. Arrange fish one layer on the fryer basket, and slide the basket into the airfryer. Set timer and air fry for 10-12 minutes unitl golden brown.
  9. Transfer to a plate and serve warm with dill mayonnaise sauce.
To make the dill mayonnaise, mix the mayo with the lemon juice and dill. Put this in the fridge before use.

Recipe adapted here.




Comments

  1. This breading is easy and I love the added flavor smoked paprika gives. I'm a big seafood lover--looks like a perfect snack to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, can you please tell me what oil you use? I love my airfryer but nothing ever comes out golden brown like the picture of your nuggets above. The food is always nice and moist etc but I can't seem to get pastry or crumbed food to get any colour... any tips you can pass on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I used Kirkland Canola Oil Cooking Spray. The only oil spray I came across here in Singapore. :)

      Delete
  3. Hi can this recipe change to chicken?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Best Melt-in-the-Mouth Pineapple Tarts (Sonia's Recipe)

Cake Muffins Worth Queueing for at Shunfu Market

Air-Fried Buttermilk Chicken